Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Photography Experience




I have had a lot of experience using photography in my life. When I was a kid my mom used to take pictures to document everywhere that we went. Naturally I developed an interest in photography and began asking her if I could use the family camera.

At the time we had a really expensive camera, so instead of letting me use that when I was little (and could potentially break it), she instead bought me those cheap kodak cameras that you use one time, take out the film and throw away.

I remember even after taking my first pictures how amazed and captivated I was by photography. To me it was almost like being able to control time or freeze frame it for a second. I could take a picture of my friends, a building or even animals and know that I could keep that image forever.

I have always been sentimental and photography was also important to me with my friends. I have always taken a lot of pride and interest in photographing memories so that I will never forget them. On vacations or at summer camps I was always the kid with the camera, wanting to have picturesm of the amazing things that we were doing. After all, what if we never get to do them again?

With this knowledge, it's no surprise that I chose Journalism as a career. Documenting events and news stories in my life and in the lives of others just interests me. It was definitely an easy career choice when I was planning out my career in high school. I think my love and interest in photography (and a transition into videography) has had a big effect on the decisions I have made in my later life. I don't know what I would be doing without it.

And so you will probably find me in 15 or 20 years. Documenting the news with my camera by day. And taking pictures with my camera on thenights and weekends with friends and family. I absolutely love pictures, and I don't think that will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment